Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ads

• Please log in to reply

provideogamer14

provideogamer14

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello 1 and all. I visit numerous websites and haven't recently installed any software. I dont have spyware or viruses or any bad stuff on my machine. I ocassionally cant see ads on IE (the latest version). I have Win XP SP2. What could make it so that I can only view some ads and not others. The ads i am refering to are like the ones that are on the top, sides, or bottoms of a website.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you might have your popup blocker on...in IE click tools > pop up blocker...is it on? or off?

provideogamer14

provideogamer14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
its on with ctrl to override it. it has never been a prob before. these are ads ... not pop-ups that i am havin problems with.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hmm....have you updated all of your media player type stuff? like shockwave and all that jazz? java?

provideogamer14

provideogamer14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
yes

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP