Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card enable makes my screen go blank

• Please log in to reply

destroyedbyfire

destroyedbyfire

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Any help would be appreciated. I have a Dell Inspiron 5160 Lap Top which runs Windows XP, and when I go to enable my video card (my computer recently crashed and I had to disable the video card to fix everything else), my screen goes blank and turns off. I've tried searching all over for answers, to no avail, and Dell tech support has not been much help with anything. The video card that came with my computer is an XGI Volari-XP5 v.2.116.c. I tried that version and one I dowloaded from Dell's website, v.2.097.c. without any success. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
When u say disable, u start using ur integrated Video card, right.
There could be two possiblities, either ur video card is damged or the AGP port might be damaged.
Lets test whch one,
1) To check for damaged video card:
Try ur Video card in another PC, see if the problem persists.

2) To check for damaged port:
Try another Video card in ur PC, see if it works.

Post the results of the two tests

destroyedbyfire

destroyedbyfire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am sorry for the mistake. I was under the impression that it was my video card, but what I disabled is actually under "display adapters." Everything else I have said remains the same. Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the incorrect information. Each time I enable the XGI Volari-XP5 display adapter, my screen goes blank.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Even still, did u perform the tests I asked u do in Post#2