Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless internet and counterstrike

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Right brief outline of my specs as below but i also have a belkin wireless g router and a belkin wireless card and a belkin usb wireless plug that i have yet to use.

My wireless internet is usually fine can be flaky at times and not get any packets back and will go with some random screwy ip, the signal could be better considering it is only downstairs but im going to nip down the shops and get an antena this week probably so thats not much of a problem and not what is drivin me daft at the mo.

Right im sittin here just finished watchin a film, pretty awake even though its the wee hours of the mornin (rough night at air cadets the little gits were drivin me daft, well big gits really the junior ncos really trying there hardest to get a beasting, jeso not the probelm, stop typin fool) back on topic.

I go to play counter strike source, now this was workin well not this morning but yesterday no bother good pings pwning noobs left and right now i got this nice shiny gaming rig. So i go connect to steam ok, then i pick a server from xfire that i like to use it starts up but as soon as i connect in to the server or start the wifi connection vanishes and this mucks steam right up, i got as far as about 10 seconds on the server due to the connection switching over to a neighbours unsecured network. So i shut down cs and wahey my nets back i try cs again and its gone again and because its pretty late i have tried a few times to say the least. so im sittin here in autopilot typin this out like a muppet sure to regret and edit the post later on when ive slept some. can anyone help im going to shut up know. Why did i write so much its not even relevant i go on at people for doing that.

Edited by warriorscot, 26 July 2005 - 06:37 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not to worry its fixed, a friend had the same problem i had to disable the wireless zero config thingy ma bobber. Seems to work ok on DoW still to try CS.