Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winfixer?

• Please log in to reply

Doomed_to_a_pathetic_computer

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
:tazz:
My computer seems to have caught the ABI Spyware and I found out how to remove it (from here), and will do so once I can print the list of files I can disable and whatnot, but my printer died and my Dad is too busy to buy a new one...

What I am asking about is one of the programs advertised on one of those ABI pop-ups, it's a program called Winfixer2005. Normally, I don't trust pop-ups or any advertising (except in my video gaming magizines) and wanted to see if anyone knew if those program could be trusted.

I especially don't trust this one, because when I logged on today, it installed itself. Programs have been doing this alot to me, and this one didn't even try to hide it, unlike the spyware, adware and other junk that latches into the never looked at areas. I just need to know if I can trust this Winfixer2005 and if not, how to get it to stop asking me with the same four pop-ups in a row that shows the next one when I close the one before it...

P.S. Sorry for making this so long, I seem to have been "on a role (or roll, I don't know which spelling of the word is used in that quote)"

Advertisements

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Oops, posted in the wrong topic, eh?