Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INSTEN BLUETOOTH USB ADAPTER

• Please log in to reply

LOZ1

LOZ1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I've purchased the above but cant get it to work!

I have used the wizard to pair my computer and mobile and this seems to be ok

However, when I try to transfer music from my windows media player to my mobile I get the message .............

Transfer from home?

I press yes on my mobile

But my computer then states that the file transfer was not successful

The disc that came with the bluetooth is a mini disc that I cant get to download to my computer, could the problem lie there?

Help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Was this the only disk or CD that came with the adapter?
If so, then I would imagine that it contains the driver & possibly software for the adapter, which would probably explain why its not working correctly,

When you say 'mini disk', do you mean an actual minidisc or a mini CD?

LOZ1

LOZ1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you for your reply

Yes, it is a mini cd. Insten tell me I dont require it in order to get the dongle to work and transfer music from my computer to mobile - what is it for then??

I am confused??

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
do mini cds not work on any cd drive?

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Mini CD should work on most cd drives as long as the drive tray has the 8cm circular indent for the cds to sit in.

LOZ1, it sounds like the driver may already be installed etc in that case.
You could double check this by looking in device manager - there should be an entry for it in there, and possibly a second entry under multimedia devices for it.

Have you tried transferring other data, such as pictures? ie not using media player & not transferring audio. Have you tried transferring pictures etc in both directions as well?
If so, does that work?