Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Odd front USB/Mic/Speaker connectors... HELP

• Please log in to reply

kr580

kr580

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I have a Aerocool AeroEngine JR case and a ECS 865PE-A7 1.0 motherboard (ATX).

I started putting my computer together and it all was going well until I went to connect the connectors for the ports on the front of the case. I plugged the F_PANEL plugs fine but I dunno where to put the plugs from the USB (2 of em), Mic and speaker ports.

I made this little diagram in Photoshop quickly. The colorful plugs are what I have to plug in and the black/white/gold are all the pins found on the Mobo.

Posted Image
Gold Dot = Pin
Black Dot = Missing Pin
Black w/ Gold line = Jumper

Can someone help and tell me where to plug these?

-----

Also, the DVD drive didn't come with the little cord to connect it to the Mobo. Is the sound connected thru something else or do I need to buy one of these cords?

Thanks - Kevin :tazz:

Edited by kr580, 28 July 2005 - 02:03 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What does your motherboard manual tell you to do.

kr580

kr580

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I checked last night but must have skipped this page. Anyway, here's what I found... tells me which pin goes where. But my plugs have different 'Signal Name's on them so I'm just as confused. I could guess and get most right but I'm sure I'd do some wrong. Please help. :tazz:

Scan:
http://www.kr580.com/mobo.gif

kr580

kr580

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Oh... and my manual tells me to plug the big plugs in (One plug with mutiple holes)... Doesn't say anything about these individual plugs.