Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Same Old wininet.dll [bleep]

• Please log in to reply

Moon\/\/alker

Moon\/\/alker

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well as you may assume from the topic itself my wininnet.dll file is infected......the virus W32/Alernod.c.dll......delete n quaratine does nt help...i am using McAfee SecurityCentre 2005 with VirusScan Professional and Personal Firewall all updated....i dont know how it managed to effect the system32 file....i hav read abt how to remove it in your previous threads but sumhow i cldnt follow it...is there an easier way?....n how does dis virus effect my system....its been buggin me form the past 1 week need help URGENT!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log to the Malware Team

Moon\/\/alker

Moon\/\/alker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Umm....Iv been thru tht...i knw my topics not new...but the way uv told me im finidn in hard to follow...aint there a simpler way or sumthin :tazz:

Moon\/\/alker

Moon\/\/alker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
oh....dint read the part after da link..sowee...lemme try tht

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you can post which part is holding you up, someone will help you with it.

If you have a malware issue it needs to be cleared before moving on as the malware will prevent any worthwhile changes