Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop problem

• Please log in to reply

Vanjlaz

Vanjlaz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a problem.
Something changed my wallpaper. This is what new wallpaper says:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING!
YOU'RE IN DANGER!

ALL YOU DO WITH COMPUTER IS STORED FOREVER IN YOUR HARD DISK. WHEN YOU VISIT SITES, SEND EMAILS... ALL YOUR ACTIONS ARE LOGGED. AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THEM WITH STANDARD TOOLS. YOUR DATA IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR FORENSICS. AND IN SOME CASES FOR YOUR BOSS, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR WIFE, YOUR CHILDREN.

Every site you or somebody or even something, like spyware, opened in your browser, with all images, and all downloaded and maybe later removed movies or mp3 songs - ARE STILL THERE and could broke your life!

SECURE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!
REMOVE ALL SPYWARE FROM YOUR PC!

Removal instructions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This new wallpaper refuses to function normally so you can't sort icons, copy, paste or create files or folders on it.

When I try to change wallpaper, the computer gones wild and I have to restart it.

When I right click and select "properties" it shows only things about that wallpaper and it says it is --- file://C:\WINDOWS\screen.html
When I try to delete screen.html, nothing happens..

I tried a squared, Ad-aware, trend micro. They found some errors and deleted them but nothing happened.

Please help. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log to the Malware Team

This will be the quickest way to clear the problem and also anything else unwanted which is on the PC

It is similar to something Windows Messenger would pop up onscreen, but as it has taken up residence it is more deep rooted

Edited by Keith, 28 July 2005 - 03:57 AM.