Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outerinfo Network (OIN)

• Please log in to reply

garima

garima

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi there!

I have noticed that a couple of people have already had problems with OIN. I have it on my system and I really dont know what to do.

Could someone help me unistall it? I do not know how to run a hijack this log or get the software. Please, if someone could give me detailed help on this, I would really be very happy!

best,
Garima

Edited by garima, 28 July 2005 - 05:00 PM.

Advertisements

bandedenculer

bandedenculer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I'd suggest just downloading and running Spybot.
http://security.kolla.de/

garima

garima

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hi! - I have already run Ad-Aware and spybot and symantec antivirus but to no avail!!!

What should I do next????

thanks in advance for any help that you could give!

John McKenna

John McKenna

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Download the latest version of HijackThis (1.99.1) from here:

HijackThis_sfx.exe

Double-click the file once downloaded and click on the UnZip button to install the program.

It will be installed to the C:\Program Files\HijackThis\ folder by default.

Start HijackThis and click the Do a system scan and save a log button to perform a scan and create a log file.

When the scan is complete, notepad will open up with the log file in it.

While in Notepad, press Ctrl-A to select all text and then Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard.

Paste the log (Ctrl-V) into a new thread in the Malware Removal forum.

Add any other comments which you believe might be helpful to the HijackThis staff.

garima

garima

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thanks very much for the reply!

Ok, I am going to install and run hijack this. Uptil now I have done the following:

1. Tried to run online Bitdefender and RavAntivirus but they both failed. I am plagued by pop up windows that open on their own. Even when Internet explorer is not running, it starts running on its own. And now I have aurora as well on my laptop!:tazz:

2. Then i ran McAfee AVERT Stinger. It functioned ok

3. Ran CCleaner. Functioned ok.

4. Ran Ad-Aware. Functioned ok.

5. Spybot - it freezes my laptop. Everything is ok until it reaches 63-/26237: Central 24. Then it says ther has been an EFOpenError and spybot will have to shut down.

6. Next I ran CWShredder, Kill2Me, aboutBuster, HSRemove. All worked ok.

NOW, I am going to run hijack this and post the log. hopefully everything will be ok.

thank you in advance for your help!

John McKenna

John McKenna

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
You need to start a new thread in the Malware Removal Forum along with the info in your last post. :tazz:

garima

garima

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thanks - have done that!

hopefully my troubles will end soon....... :tazz: ;)