Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The best game making lang there is..

• Please log in to reply

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hi!
What is truly the best lang for gaming?
I can't have a say becuase i am very new at this.
So please name a couple of langs tell me why they are best and what they can do and to what limit can they do it to. For example, maybe one lang's limitation is only platform games, while another is like able to creat games like comand and conqure genrals or halo...

so disscuse: :tazz:

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Well, ASM is a little hard, but it has basicly no limits. C++ is probably the best choice, Halo, C&C-G are written with C++.

chickenman

chickenman

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I agree with Ratmilk C++ is the best for games.

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Yeah, most (decent) games are written either in C++ or some proprietary breed of C++

Quake and most of those games, though not strictly C++ are written in an off-shoot of it.

inoxx.net

inoxx.net

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Most companies are moving to C#, but I don't like C#, to much like VB for me :tazz:

Edited by inoxx.net, 29 July 2005 - 08:02 PM.

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
It doesn't just take good programming to make a good game. No matter how well you code it, the game will still only be as good as the storyline allows it to be.

As well as this, in order to make graphics to even put a scratch on any retail game you probably need expensive software like cinema 4D for making 3D objects.

Anyways, back on topic, I also agree that C++ is the best (at the moment) for game programming. But if you are unskilled or competely new to it I would go for C#.

C# has most of the capabilities as C++ but it is a much easier language to learn, has a built in GUI for creating forms and stuff. AND comes with a huge ammount of support from Microsoft. Just like you do with all .NET programs.

Tenbroya

inoxx.net

inoxx.net

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
3Ds MAX 7 is what most game developers use, mainly because they can get a custom build of it (like half-life2). You need Time, Money, and Artist :tazz:
C++ is teh best language ever, except its problems in memory managment.