Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

128 MB Ati Radeon 9800 Pro Vs 256MB Radeon X800 XL

• Please log in to reply

dbl456

dbl456

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have an 9800 Pro video card right now and it is doing a decent job with games. I have a P4 3.0Ghz cpu with 1.0 Ghz DDR PC3200 Ram and a 250 GB HD. I was wondering if upgrading to the X800 XL (AGP) is worth the upgrade, or should I just wait for a year or so and buy a new computer. Will there be a real noticable difference in gaming?

Thanks
Brooks

Edited by dbl456, 28 July 2005 - 04:10 PM.

Advertisements

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
im havin a problem just now too with choosing as graphics card. im wondering if there is actually a point in buying a new graphics card when the xbox 360 is out soon!! will the graphics not be better on that?

dbl456

dbl456

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, I went ahead and got the x800 XL because it was on sell for $250 at best buy and compusa, and I would say it is well worth the update, I can run BF2 on the high settings, very enjoyable.