Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Linux Splash crash

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
When I start PCLinuxOS LiveCD it loads up the splash screen after login and it says initializing system services now sometimes it crashes at this point and will not load or go any further sometimes it gets to the peripherals and then crashes but just yesterday it got to initialising system services and then the splash screen went off and the background stayed there but nothing else loads. This burn is a good burn becuase I have had Linux installed from this CD just last week but I needed to reformat my HardDrive.
Any help would be appreciated Thanx.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,036 posts
  • MVP
have you tried using fdisk to format the drive first? do a memtest with http://www.memtest86.com/ and see if you have any bad ram