Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

soundMAX not all sound boxes are working

• Please log in to reply

shadow_005

shadow_005

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

I bought some new speakers, the Z-5500 logitech (5.1). When I test the speakers via the logitech control panel they seem to work fine. Anyway, i connect them direct to my motherboard (P4C800-E deluxe) onboard soundcard (soundMAX). I have the latest driver for soundMAX installed for Windows XP.

But if i set the control panel to stereo, PL2 movie or PL2 music , only the subwoofer and front right box works.

If i set it to stereo X2 only the subwoofer, front right and rear right boxes work.

If i set it to either 6 -channel / only the center and front right box and subwoofer works.

?? Why can't just all boxes work for atleast 6-channel? soundMAX should be able to handle 5.1 surround sound. I did connect them properly since they all work when i 'noise-test' it using the control panel...

And since today i get the following message when i launch the preferences in soundMAX:

"Your system appears to have multimedia performance set to a value other then full - this will disable certain 3D features on your sound card. Click on  Multimedia below to change this setting."

But all setting are set to full and best quality... help. :tazz:

Edited by shadow_005, 29 July 2005 - 06:13 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried updating the drivers?

shadow_005

shadow_005

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have the latest driver for soundMAX installed for Windows XP.

yup. or am i missing some other driver?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry didn't see that......i'm not sure....have you tried their tech support?

this is what i found when i searched your mobo...it doesnt really say what brand of soundcard it is though......do you have the actual model number of the onboard card?

"AI AUDIO (6-channel digital audio)
AI series motherboards employed the world's first intelligent audio CODEC. The 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC automatically detects and identifies what types of peripherals are plugged into the audio I/O jacks and notifies users of inappropriate connection, meaning there will be no more confusion of Line-in, Line-out and Mic jacks."

shadow_005

shadow_005

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes i have found that same information. And soundMAX did automatically detect them and configure them. And it said that everything was setup successfully.

But I don't think it's my mobo onboard soundcard that's causing the problems at the moment. I inserted a SB Live soundcard, disabled the onboard soundMAX, installed the SB Live latest drivers... and the same problems. So I suppose there is somewhere some configuration set wrong.. I just can't find where.

I used the soundcard for testing only by the way, I want to use the soundMAX in the end.

Maybe I indeed should contact tech support. But i think in this case i should try logitechs tech support instead of the ASUS tech support. Unless someone here knows what I am doing wrong. The logitech manual simply says something like this: configure your sound in the configuration panel and voila... kinda useless info if you ask me.