Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost sound on computer

• Please log in to reply

bakerman

bakerman

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i am receiving now sound at all on my computer all my checks and troubleshooting are showing meter movement for my micropone but not hereing anything all cord and plugs are connectied and volume controls and there are no mute checked . just happened all of a sudden any suggestions for checking sound or could i have wipprd out somthing with spybot or some other thing. operate xp

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Have you made any sort of system changes recently? Try to use a different pair of speakers or plug some headphones you know work into the speaker jack and see if that works, if other speakers work then mostlikely your current speakers have sung their last song.

-=jonnyrotten=-