Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win 98 and wireless?

• Please log in to reply

delawaredrew

delawaredrew

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hi,
I have two old win 98 comps that I would like to add to my wireless network. I already have a linksys wireless router that is serving one of the comps with an ethernet connection and an XP laptop wirelessly. Mainly I want to move the desktop into another room without an existing cable line for the router and therefore would like to set it up with wireless.
I tried to install a linksys wireless card into the the 98 machine and the driver is incompatible for some reason.
Anyone know of or using a wireless card on 98. Most say they work with 98se but no 98 endorsements. Otherwise I'll have to run either ethernet or cable into the room.
Drew

Advertisements