Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RANT| Tech Support |RANT

• Please log in to reply

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
;)
<RANT>
I work Tech Support for a smallish company that sells a type of design software and equipment to a particular group of individuals. ( I think thats vague enough to not let anyone know who the company is.)
OK, I've done TS for a variety of companies for the last 7-8 years.
Well, I admit, I was pretty st00pid when I was younger, made some bad career moves etc. And am now working again at the 1st place I worked Tech Support. Now, here's my rant, don't take offense, just letting off steam.
:)
People are st00pid, no, stupid's not the right word... Its just that the people that appear to call us the most just can't quite grasp concepts. For example, the people that call everyday or every other day about the SAME THING. Pile on top of that the fact that their salespeople tell them that if they need help designing something to call Tech Support... After their supervisor has repeatedly told them that tech support is for TECHNICAL questions only, NOT how-to's.
*sigh* It's really no use ranting, I just need to find some way to deal with it.
</RANT>

Apparently I've got anger management issues, though they only appeared since I was rehired here. I try to deal with it, but sometimes, it just feels like my head's going to explode or something. How does everybody else deal with these kinda issues?

I don't think I'm in the right profession. I like to help people, (which is why I like this place, when I know the answer, I can try to help.) and I like computers (I should, I've been around computers since I was born, from the mighty TRS-80 to present). Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the patience to read through an A+ book or anything. ( I learn better by doing) And my own stupidity kept me from finishing college or doing anything really constructive with my life other than getting married and getting ready to have a baby in December.
But, I was more happy when I was working for Wally-world stocking shelves for almost $3 / hour less than what I make now.
I've only been back here for like 3 months, and I'm already thinking of finding another job, but I know I can't unless I can find something that pays at least $10/hour. And even then, I don't even know WHAT I really want to do with my life. :tazz:

Thoughts welcome, how y'all deal with stress / anger etc... any other thoughts welcome too.

Advertisements