Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 98

• Please log in to reply

jmmacro

jmmacro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was given an older HP 4450 Pav Computer, I found the recovery disks for it and all was going well until iy asked for the Windows 98 product key. I have no paperwork with this and cannot continue the restore or start Windows. Any way around this or how do I get the product key.

Thank you

Advertisements

jure

jure

• Pip
  • 5 posts
here is product key:
(deleted for content)
Please do not do that.

Edited by coachwife6, 29 July 2005 - 04:40 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Replacement of CD or Product Keys
To replace a CD or Product Key, you must contact PSS. To locate the appropriate phone number for your product, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.micro...;EN-US;CNTACTMS (http://support.micro...;en-us;cntactms)

Avoid product key generators

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The PK is on the back of the Getting Started with Windows 98 booklet on older machines. If the previous owner can find it you're in luck.

On newer machines it's on the case, but it is also usually entered in BIOS so you don't need it.

Edited by Tyger, 30 July 2005 - 12:53 PM.