Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help finding parts for gaming pc

• Please log in to reply

j2000x

j2000x

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: i have $2500 to spend on a computer, i already have monitor. this computer will only be used for games(world of warcraft) so far all i no is that fx55 is a very good proccesor for gaming thats all i got if any one has any opinions i will be very thankfull ;) :) :( :( :woot: :wub: :hug: :huh:

Edited by j2000x, 30 July 2005 - 11:47 PM.

Advertisements

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
For gaming grunt, the fx-57 is the best at the moment.

You'll probably wan't 1GB or more of Dual Channel RAM.

Graphics wise, (if i had that much money) I would get the nVidia 7800 GTX. Which, if you got a SLi compatible MoBo, you could get another in the future and run them in parrallel.

The case choice is pretty much up to you but I'd reccomend the Antec Super LanBoy. Very good looking case with lots of options for fans.

Tenbroya

spudZ

spudZ

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

For gaming grunt, the fx-57 is the best at the moment.

You'll probably wan't 1GB or more of Dual Channel RAM.

View Post

Definately get 2GB of RAM...MMORPGs are real RAM heavy...so the more the better. As for the processor the FX-57 is probably the fastest right now.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would get the big dady of the x2s for the sheer coolness of having a dual core and the speeds on the single cores are fast enough to play anything out now at full and future games are going to have dual core support so i would go with that. 2 gig of ram is the best if you have a budget like that but remeber to get 2 sticks not four or one as you get the dual channel speed boost woth two and a speed drop with 4. The lanboy is good but it doesnt have any fan options really it comes with a pair of 120s and thats about it unless you want to start cutting. I would get the akasa eclipse or the coolermaster stacker. And definatley wait until august for atis offering this year should be good.

j2000x

j2000x

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
so dual core or fx57

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
completely up to you if you see yourself having the pc for a fair few years before its next upgrade then go with the x2.

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yeah but for Gaming, the fx-57 or even fx-55 far outperforms the X2 range because of its floating point abilities. The Dual core series is better for multi-threaded apps and multi-tasking.

If you wanted all round performance yeah I would reccomend an X2 but for gaming the fx-57 is a God of a chip.

Tenbroya