Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML Icons disappearing!

• Please log in to reply

cykosez

cykosez

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have windows XP, i'm pretty compter savvy but this is bothering me. Recently my .htm and .html icons disappear and are replaced with ugly windows default ones, the ones that look like a windows folder. just the htm and html icons is all.

All my google searches that had problems that sounded similar to mine yielded me no results. Microsofts Anti Spyware Beta program has recently found some type of library file (I think it is a .dll file) that says is associated w/ Office10 and allowed it to run in the registry w/o giving me the option to stop it, and i think that is when my html icons disappear. Im afraid that i have a trojan somewhere and it isnt being cleaned.

please help me PC gurus. if u need it, where do i get this HJT from? is it free?

to sum it all up...my html and htm icons disappear and i think its related to something in the registry. i reset my tablet to last friday's sys restore and it temporarily fixed the problem then i noticed earlier today that i got the same pop up saying some Office10 .dll file, I believe it was or maybe an .asx, was installing in the registry and I couldn't stop it. thats when i think the html icon thing happened again, so now i am running zone alarm (just installed) AVG Free Edition Anti Virus (becuz im on a tablet that has symantec corporate edition and for some reason there is an admin lock on the uninstall so i cant uninstall it in order to install any new norton products) and microsofts anti spyware beta version.

Advertisements