Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with spy sheriff, anyone please!

• Please log in to reply

izzy-of-the-corn

izzy-of-the-corn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I was on the computer today, and a message box popped up on screen warning me of a detected virus. I am currently using AVG virus protector, but i had not opened it when this message box popped up, but i thought nothing of it and clicked heal on all the viruses. It managed to heal all viruses, except for one, which i couldnt delete or send to the virus vault. Next thing i know it closed all my internet windows, and my desktop background changed to blue, with a black box in the centre saying 'YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED', and spy sheriff, a program i have never downloaded started up. It detected several spy ware files, but as is the case with thr spy sheriff trial version I couldnt delete the files. I decided to run ad-aware, and it detected and removed some spy-ware files, i ran spy sheriff again, and it still detected those same files. The only way I can delete these files that spysheriff is detecting is to either purchase registartion, or find a crack on the internet. Im thinking this is just one big ploy to get me to buy the spy sheriff trial version, so I uninstalled spy sheriff, but my desktop background still hasnt changed, and I cannot change it, and im still recieving these message boxes in the corner of my screen. I really really need help,Im not very computer literate, I just know the basics, but if my family finds out about this im screwed! pleeease, can anyone out there help me?!

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Murray

jurnay69

jurnay69

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[B]I had that too....I couldnt figure it out, I kept using McAfee Quickclean to take it off my computer. But whenever I turned my comp off it was there again, so I used Hijack this and whatever had the anything that said spysherrif, I erased it.
And that worked for me...