Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IST won't go away. [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

shnj

shnj

• Pip
  • 4 posts
First of all, hi everyone, thanks for all the usefull things i learned while reading these forums, and thanks in advance in helping me recovering from this problem..

I did all of the things in the sticky up there, got rid of few infections but ISTbar and Dyfuca are still here.

I used istfix thingy from Symantec and it didn't find anything.

Ad-Aware reports malware istbar infection in the registry, cleans it and if i run another scan it's back again.

I have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ISTbar key (pointing to C:\Program Files\Istbar directory and a few files none of which exist) that i cant delete (Cannot delete ISTbar: Error deleting key).

I used Spybot S&D that found both istbar and dyfuca but can't kill them (programs or processes are still runing or in memory message, tho i don't see anything strange in taskmngr).

Here's the HijackThisLog:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:52:31 PM, on 7/31/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
C:\Program Files\GlobespanVirata\Adsl\dslstat.exe
C:\Program Files\GlobespanVirata\Adsl\dslagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kavmm.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kav.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\totalcmd\TOTALCMD.EXE
D:\install\Anti Virus i Spyware\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AHQInit] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program\AHQInit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioHQ] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLSTATEXE] C:\Program Files\GlobespanVirata\Adsl\dslstat.exe icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] C:\Program Files\GlobespanVirata\Adsl\dslagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAV50] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kav.exe" -run -n PersonalPro -v 5.0.0.0 -chkss
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1122755096857
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoft.../as5/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{16055709-D634-414A-9DCA-E69C646BB8AF}: NameServer = 194.247.192.33 194.247.192.1
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service (KLBLMain) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kavmm.exe" -run bl -n PersonalPro -v 5.0.0.0 -ttsr 10000000 (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

Things that bother me are Toolbar&Radio, and Updreg.exe, but i guess u guys would know better.

Best regards.

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 and I will be helping you today.

I am working on your log. As soon as I made a good fix for this, I will post a reply. Thank you for your patience.

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Hello shnj, we will start with some diagnostics to determine where the infections are coming from.

Please SAVE THIS PAGE or secure a PRINT COPY of the instructions for reference.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite 3.5 here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Please read Ewido Setup Instructions
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT run a scan yet.

Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.

Reboot in SAFE MODE. (How to boot in Safe Mode...)

Run Ewido:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
  • When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save report button at the bottom of the screen.
  • Save the report to your desktop
Close Ewido

Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds. Save a log of what it finds.

Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut, then do a full system scan. Make sure the autoclean box is checked!

Save the scan log and post it along with a new HijackThis Log, and the Ewido Log by using Add Reply.
Let us know if any problems persist.

shnj

shnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, Kool.

Thanks for the help, but i'll not be at the infected computer for a few days, because of deadly buissines schedule I have atm.

I'll post back as soon as i get there, if that's not a problem for you.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvinience

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Okay, have a great time and good luck to you. :tazz:

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.