Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

few minor problems

• Please log in to reply

tenn1smag1k

tenn1smag1k

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, for some reason I can't shut down my computer without holding down the power button. Also, when I try to do the Windows Update, the files will download but they wont install. Can some1 plz help me? I need to download ATI Driver Update for 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9700 Pro w/TV-Out, Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1, and Office XP Service Pack 3.

Edited by tenn1smag1k, 31 July 2005 - 10:36 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I've had the problem on two XP machines, and others have too. Turn off automatic updates and do a few at a time. Some of them will not install together and the machine won't shut down. When you get a couple that won't install toghether just do one at a time.

tenn1smag1k

tenn1smag1k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hmm i tried that still no luck...

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Have you run chkdsk on your system? Read this... http://www.microsoft...kd_tro_xudm.asp
before running chkdsk.

makai