Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying Problem Continues

• Please log in to reply

A20

A20

• Pip
  • 2 posts
How can I get IE to open pages in a new window again?

The worst part is this problem started on another one of my computers not too long ago and now it's gotten to this computer too! I heard that it was a certain dll file problem somewhere but we couldn't get the darn thing to replace the file!

I don't know what created the problem in the first place since it was working fine and dandy before.

The computer that first got this problem later got worse problems like something moved files from program files and My Documents to these odd .TMP files on C and many programs ceased to function and the desktop also stopped fully functioning.

I transfered some files over to this comp in order to save them... but now it looks like I have have doomed both computers. Since the files passed their scans I didn't think there would be a problem.

Can somebody please help me ;)? I'd realllly appreciate any advice you can give me.

Side Note: I think the worse problems that occured on the other comp were probably caused by a secondary source since it ran fine for months or so not being able to open pages in a new window. I think I may be freaking out more because of the timing, I hope :tazz:

Edited by A20, 31 July 2005 - 01:57 PM.

Advertisements

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
http://www.microsoft...s/IEtopten.mspx

After you click the link scroll down to topic #6. This hopefully will help.

A20

A20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for trying to help me ^__^. All those things checked out. The second half "Some programs that control pop-up windows and advertisements can stop hyperlinks from working. Also, some third-party add-ins are known to cause a problem and must be uninstalled when misbehaving in this way. Disable all third-party Internet related programs (not your firewall) and test." I'm still working on. I don't remembering installing any programs like that but I'm trying to sort them all out.