Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro Issues

• Please log in to reply

swantzilla

swantzilla

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was installing Solaris 10 under VMware and it stopped during installation. As a result, I cannot view network properties on XP, I tried removing the network card and re-installing it but the system will not re-load the driver. I had system restore turned off and cannot turn it back on. Some programs will run but others will not. I cannot uninstall programs either. Any ideas? I tried to re-install XP but I am running SP2 and my install disk is the original XP and it will not let me re-install because of the lower level.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
A corrupt installation inside VMware wont harm ur WinXP.

swantzilla

swantzilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I assumed that. It was just the las thing I was doing to the OS before thingd went into the dumper. Something clobbered a file somewhere and I would like to fix it instead of doing a re-load. I can boot up another WinXP on this machine and restore the file(s) if I knew what they were. It will not let me make any changes to the system, like add drivers, or look at the network. I tried refreshing the TCP/IP stack, but the network files do not seem to be there.