Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delay in "Sent to" Menu

• Please log in to reply

lionsbld

lionsbld

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all

My name is Noe, First time poster, long time reader.
I am a tech at a large PC retailer chain. (can't say which one... sorry.) and I am currently working on a system that has me stumped. This computer has a fresh install of XP Pro a 3.2 ghz Intel P4 proc. 800mhz FSB socket 478 an ASUS M/B and 1 gig of DDR 400 ram. There are only 2 non standard programs installed on this machine. Quickbooks and HP software for a printer. This is the 3rd time that this machine has been in for the same problem. When you right click an Item and the options come up the moment you go to "send to" there is about a 40 second delay before any options come up. The customer has had 3 different CPU M/B upgrades all with the same problem. All had either a fresh install or repair install. Please advise. I will post any other info if neccessary.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Are there too many items in the "Send to" menu, remove some un-usable ones from "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\SendTo".
It could also be due to some shortcut in the "Send to" menu whose source was deleted.

Edited by darth_ash, 01 August 2005 - 02:53 AM.

lionsbld

lionsbld

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I removed all I tems from the send option and there was still no change. I' goint Format the drive using the regular format and NTFS option, reinstall windows and go from there. I will keep you guys posted.

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
:tazz: .. well yeh solvable ;)