Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply

babydenim

babydenim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I open up Windows Explorer and click on a Video File (avi or mpeg) in C drive, the small window will pop up telling me that "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." This is only happening in C drive, but NOT in D drive. I would transfer my video files from C drive to D drive, and that's when this error pops up, even before I can right-click on the file to move them to D drive. I have tried clicking on my video files on D drive and they're fine.

The Error Signature goes something like that:
AppName: explorer.exe
AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180
ModName: xvid.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 000427d2

I have no idea what any of the above means, but the many times this has happened, the only thing that changes in the Error Signature is the Offset figure, others remain the same.

Can anyone please help? It's frustrating me to no end. Thank you.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Ur xvid codec may be corrupt. Re-install ur xvid codec.