Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

educate me please?

• Please log in to reply

mjcaluza

mjcaluza

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
good day I'm emjay, this is my first post on any of your forum, i'm a computer addict i admit but to be honest i'm still on a lot of things that questionably on my mind, one of which is the on my modem.

I'm on aol internet provider but the line that i'm using is bt telephone line, i subscribe a 2 gig internet connection, my question is:

1. what should be the expected connection should i get?
2. what do you mean by tx and rx on my modem?there are two arrows which shows tx=288 and rx=which is 2274.
3. I run my pc specs as:

pentium 4, 2.4 gig, 768 of ram dell dimensions 2400

please let me know. thanks

emjay

Advertisements

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
If AOL is providing you a 2G setup, we need to talk.... :tazz:

If you meant 2Mbps, your DSL connection spd should be 1-2Mb (down) & 200-256 (upstream). In your case, you are getting 2274Mbps down & 228 up. Not too shabby, mate.

P2E

good day I'm emjay, this is my first post on any of your forum, i'm a computer addict i admit but to be honest i'm still on a lot of things that questionably on my mind, one of which is the on my modem.

I'm on aol internet provider but the line that i'm using is bt telephone line, i subscribe a 2 gig internet connection, my question is:

1. what should be the expected connection should i get?
2. what do you mean by tx and rx on my modem?there are two arrows which shows tx=288 and rx=which is 2274.
3. I run my pc specs as:

pentium 4, 2.4 gig, 768 of ram dell dimensions 2400

please let me know. thanks

emjay

View Post

mjcaluza

mjcaluza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
thanks for the reply mate, your right i have 2Mbps, so what would you suggest shall i have to inform aol about it?or what?please tell me please thanks. sorry for being so illiterate. thanks

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

thanks for the reply mate, your right i have 2Mbps, so what would you suggest shall i have to inform aol about it?or what?please tell me please thanks. sorry for being so illiterate. thanks

View Post

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
If you are getting broadband from AOL (you have my condolences) & your speeds are likely fine - no need to torture yourself and call.

If your are getting your b/b from another ISP (BT?), dump AOL (& you have my congratulations), bug bomb your computer, wash your hands & enjoy. :tazz:

Thats it mate.

P2E

View Post