Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Argh, matey! Where be me patch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mattfontana

mattfontana

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Straight from the Spanish War Galleon, Redmonia: I have a pirated version of windows. Now what? :tazz: Are the 'they' going to attack?

Advertisements

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
And your problem is...?

Don't be cheap and respect what your computer runs on. Buy the full retail..

mattfontana

mattfontana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I appreciate your insight!

I was more concerned with the legal ramifications. I have been installing pirated software since the beginning of time. I sell computer repairs and upgrades to people all the time including software, all of it pirated. All of this is done illegally.
Maybe I should have registered at one of those Lawyer.com sites for some viable replies.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
What you're doing is not smart at all. I had a pirated version of Windows when I recieved my computer for my builder. I respected Microsoft and purchase a legit copy. Well, the initial reason of getting another one is because I couldn't update to SP2, or get updates.. period.

mattfontana

mattfontana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
when I recieved my computer for my builder? so did you 'rat' them out or what? you sound very law abiding. i realize what i have done , now i just need the 'crack' to the freaking validation tool. let me know when it is available for download? lol (david v. goliath) or if you have any insight as to the law. is it state to state (i live in washington state by the way) or do i have to worry about the feds? i think there was a van parked out front a minute ago? .... :tazz:

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I don't think any illegal conversations are allowed on this website.
No, I did not rat him out. I just don't suggest you do it. It is illegal of course. Respect the creaters, buy their stuff, don't download.

Edited by FalloutYear, 01 August 2005 - 01:29 AM.

mattfontana

mattfontana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
obviously you did not go through the validation hassle, because they require you to submit who you attained the software from including the disc or is it disk, and where or whom you got it from, ie 'rat' them out.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Well, I didn't of course. Maybe my builder did. Who knows how he did it.
Ok no more of this "talk".

Thanks

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Guess someone here isn't worried about having their IP address sent to the appropriate authorities who have the legal right to obtain all your personal info via subpeona from your ISP who would be required to provide that information .. They do know who has what IP address at any given time!!

Methinks you better scuttle your hatch and abandon ship while the abandoning is good!!

Murray

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
This topic is closed since it is in violation of our TOS.

Regards,