Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Create a Template with Prompts Using Ask Field

• Please log in to reply

lizzeydripping

lizzeydripping

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi!

I want to create a template that can be used for letters that basically when you open it prompts the user for all the info and inserts it in the right place, i.e. when you open it, the first prompt is "Insert Date" and it puts that in the right place. The "Insert Name" and "Insert Address" and "Insert Message Body" and so on.

I know that this must be achieved using the ask field, but although I insert the field and get the prompt box come up it does not add anything anywhere in the document. How do I define where each bit of info would be inserted and where?

Any comments gratefully received.

Many thanks!

P.S. Oh, yes, better edit this - I am using Word 2003!

Edited by lizzeydripping, 01 August 2005 - 07:49 AM.

Advertisements

lizzeydripping

lizzeydripping

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Oh God - I am such a monkey!

I've figured it out - I don't need an ASK field at all, just a FILL IN field. Which I guess is why I've had 17 views and no replies on this topic?! Too embarrassed to tell me I'm an idiot?

Anyway, job done, please consider this thread CLOSED! :tazz: