Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP psc 1350 all in one

• Please log in to reply

king2393

king2393

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Please help,
:tazz:
I recently upgraded my drivers for my MOBO and graphics card and then my printer started printing extremely slow. Say for instance a page every 10 to 15 minutes, just word docs nothing special.

I have already completly reinstalled windows xp and the printer is still not acting right.

Any ideas will greatly help.

P.S. can you tell me what the difference is between (quick) FSTA(believe it is called this) or normal when you first format the hard drive at the start of windows.
Because for some funny reason even though I reinstalled windows it seemed to save my printer preferences.

Thnaks ahead of time.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you mean " Quick format (NTFS)" or the regular format option.....When you do a "quick format", all it does is allocate a section of
your HD and mark it as usable. There is no testing to make sure there
aren't any bad sectors. if you actually formatted your hd there should have been no record of the printer..

king2393

king2393

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, dsenette

Thats what I was thinking of NTFS. Now does both of them completly erase the hd when formatted?

I have an Hp psc 1350 all in one. Do you have any ideas to help me fix that, please :tazz: .

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i generally have problems with printers...but that's because all printers suck donkey nuts.....print drivers just arent written with the love and care of other hardware types.....it makes no sense, however, that you could have formatted the drive and still have had remnants of the printer installed....if you're not worried about doing so (not too much data that you need to keep) then try reinstalling again but do the regular format option...it takes a little longer...but it might make a difference

king2393

king2393

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, I will try that.
My main concern is trying to figure out if the printer is broke or if it is just a driver problem.

What about allocating the memory in a printer, or physically opening the printer to check if the ram is still installed properly. I have built computers, so I am familiar with ram setups in them but not in printers, do you know if it is the same stick type?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
depends on the printer....and....i have yet to find a printer where any of that stuff is easy to get to