Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

Vonny

Vonny

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Right heres what happened.
I got a virus a bad one so i decided to reformat. I have and now i cant play any games because it says that i dont have graphics card. How do i reinstall it?

Peace :tazz:

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Did you install all the drivers after you reloaded XP.

Open Device manager and see if your graphics card is recognized, or has a yellow "!" (exclamation point) next to it. If it does, you need to install drivers.

makai

Vonny

Vonny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It doesnt even seem to be on the device list and if it is i missed it and its been installed because there were only two and there where for control pads lol.
Does this mean il have to buy a new card?

Peace

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you can see something on the screen it is definately there unless you have it hooked up to onboard video. Look in bios see if it has detected the card, if not try removing it and reseating the card.

Vonny

Vonny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks man for a sec i though i might of had to buy a new graphics card

Peace