Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp pavilion XT963 does not turn on

• Please log in to reply

punktileus

punktileus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!

I have an hp pavilion XT963 and it does not work anymore :) . I plugged it into another outlet and the the power supply light on the back blinks one time and nothing else happens. Also upon inspection of the power supply I noticed that it was not the usual standard size. I logged on to hp and found no help in the specs department. Any thoughts?

;) Please :tazz:

peace, love, and unity

punktileus

Edited by punktileus, 01 August 2005 - 11:07 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I have an old HP Pavilion as well, and I have had to remove the power supply several times to install new components, upgrades etc. I do recall that it is smaller than the usual atx power supply in my other computers. No doubt you are trying to find one of similar size because like my HP, that case is really packed tight and there is no way an atx power supply will fit. My first suggestion would be to go to hp's web page and use their web interface to ask their technical support for specs on that power supply. My own experience using that is that they do in fact answer and it does not cost you anything, unlike calling them. I wanted to know the maximum cpu upgrade that I could to to my old 450 Mhz HP, so I asked my question and provided them with the data on the HP build sticker on the back of the computer. I would suggest you include that data in your question.

Your other option would be to examine the power supply, get all of the specs off of the unit, measure the dementions and then start searching the web for a replacement. I would start with HP.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
or bring the psu with you to the store

punktileus

punktileus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Dear austin0 and dsenette,

I was thinking about the hp support and was unsure at the time on how long it was going to take, so I disassembled the psu from the case and brought it to the local computer warehouse. I found two that matched. The only thing was that I needed to purchase an 18" ATX 4p male to 3p female wire assembly to wire the cpu fan. other than that I made all of the connections last night, and everything is working wonderfuly. :tazz: thanks for posting a reply guys!

Peace, Love, and Unity

punktilues

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
wooohooo!! :tazz: