Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN 9

• Please log in to reply

barrysdeej

barrysdeej

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having trouble downloading MSN 9. I spent over 3 hours on the phone with MSN and we cleaned up temporary files and completely uninstalled MSN and cleaned up registries, etc. I finally had to give up with them because it was almost 1 AM and I had to be up for work in a few hours.

I use XP Home Edition. I was having trouble signing in to MSN, which is what prompted the call. After the first hour and a half, it was realized that I was running MSN 7 and needed MSN 9. Ok, so the download starts and messenger installs perfectly.

When it came time for downloading Explorer and Photo E-mail is where the problem comes in. It won't download Explorer because it hasn't downloaded Photo E-mail. When I click where I'm told to in order to find out why Photo E-mail didn't download, I get a message that says that the authenticity of the program can't be verified.

The last thing that they mentioned to me before I finally had to give up was for me to uninstall my AVG anti-virus because, perhaps, it was doing it's job too well and was causing the problem. After I hung with them, I tried that, and I still got the same failure of installation.

They are sending me the MSN 9 disk and I'm told I won't have any problem if I install it from the disk, but to be honest, I really don't want to have to wait 5 to 10 days for the disk to show up.

Thank you for all of your help. And, yes, I did mention to the techs that I spoke with (all three of them), that I thought it was rather silly for MSN Explorer to not be able to download until messenger and Photo Email download. They agreed.

Thanks again.

DJ

Advertisements