Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RPG

• Please log in to reply

desca

desca

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
HI i love rpgs i cant play online because i only ave dial-up.

Does any one know any good fun off line rpgs.

i only have deablo 2. :tazz: :) ;)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
why on earth would you need anything other than diablo? that's a pretty fun game

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Any of the D&D games... Go find the REALLLY Old ones too, Muahahaha... Play some old school RPG games like Pool of Radiance (the OLD one, not the "new one")

For new(ish) titles that are great fun, depends on the kinda RPG you like.

Look for a copy of Planescape: Torment
Had good graphics, and there's a ton of add-ons for it out on the net you can DL.
(They even made a speical St. Patricks Day character mod that gave the various characters different outfits.)
Baldur's Gate etc...

Morrowind, things like that.
(Yes, I'm more of a Fantasy Geek than a Sci-Fi Geek) :tazz:

Plenty of Offline Games out there, just depends on the Genre you like / want to play.

Before anyone comes in & shoots me: KoToR is good too.

desca

desca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I like fantasy too.

how is dungun seige??

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Ahhh... Dungeon Seige... :tazz:

Seriously, NOT one of my fav games... I played for like 30 min. before I decided it wasn't worth the $10 I'd paid for it...

If you want good games with good storylines, look for the D&D games.

Like I said, look for PS:T (Planescape: Torment) its a little older, but is DEFINATELY one of the best games I've played. Also, the Baldurs Gate series. The revamped Pool of Radiance etc... For a good idea, look at Bioware's Site they make / made some of the games for D&D.

For a Diablo-like game, take a look at "Beyond Divinity" (I've never played it, but the screenshots look Diabloish).

Just hit Gamestop.COM or something and check the Roleplaying section. Lots of games out there.

desca

desca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Is this a good game! Neverwinter Nights

Is it online only because i cant play online with are internet?

ComputerClown

ComputerClown

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, My wife is a big Diablo fan and if you like it then get the expansion set and go for Lord of Destruction. 2 more characters and a whole extra act. Lots more levels and meanies. Oh! and don't forget the "SECRET COW LEVEL!". You will never look at a hamburger the same way again. :)

She played Diablo L of D for 3 years every day. Then she got a little board with it all the time. I went through many tries to find her a new passion. Finally found a game called "Sacred" and it is a lot like Diablo, but the perks are different. More detailed graphics. Larger variety of enemies. More game playing options. She had a fine time with Sacred for a few months until she finished the game. Turns out the story isn't as good as Diablo and it is kind of a let down at the end. But the giant dragons are a real challenge. And the ghosts give you a run for your money. Now she is back on to Diablo again and we are now able to play it together, and that's a whole lot of fun.

As for me, I like driving games like Carmageddon 2 and 3. Actually 2 is more fun.

We have 2 new games waiting to try out as soon as we get a better graphics card. That's "Lord of the Rings- Return of the king" and "Dungeon Lords", so we will see how those go.

ComputerClown :tazz: