Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with video card

• Please log in to reply

lynndube

lynndube

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I need help reinstalling my video card. My video card is a s3trio3d.The guys on live chat thought that I might be able to get more help here. They gave me a web site to get my video card but it won't install after I download it. Does anyone know what I can do? Please help. Thank-you :tazz: ;)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean it won't install?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Download a video card. LMAO.

lynndube

lynndube

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i dono it wont do enything it just say the file name and iv bean tring to get it working for like 10 days

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Ill throw you a bone here.

He has been in chat. he says he has one video card, but dxdiag and device manager say that he has a standard pci graphics adapter.

S3Trio3D is the card he says he has. We gave him the latest drivers but that doesnt work. He is stuck in 2 or 16 colors. He just upgraded to Win ME, but he might have downgraded back to 98 to get this working again.

He has an IBM unknown model/make. :tazz:

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Ill throw you a bone here.

He has been in chat.  he says he has one video card, but dxdiag and device manager say that he has a standard pci graphics adapter.

S3Trio3D is the card he says he has.  We gave him the latest drivers but that doesnt work.  He is stuck in 2 or 16 colors.  He just upgraded to Win ME, but he might have downgraded back to 98 to get this working again.

He has an IBM unknown model/make. :tazz:

View Post

Hmmm, I fail to see how you came up with all that. ;)

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Ive helped him in chat. :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
thanks jf.. i assume you guys deduced this by him having a yellow ? next to the device in device manager?..ok..disable the video card in device manager....turn the machine off....remove all pci graphix cards....and restart....turn the machine off put the card back in and start it back up

lynndube

lynndube

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:

I tried what you said to do, but that did not work. I have no video card to remove from my computer. I think that it is built in. There is a yellow! beside my display adapter(standard display adapter)(vga).

Device Statas says

This display adapter is functioning correctly(code23).
The problem is with the main display adapter. Fix the main display adapter and then this display adapter will work.

I just don't know what my main display adapter is. If any one can help me, my kids would ever be greatful.

Thank-you again

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Hmm its a toughy. http://list.drivergu...pany906/page23/ find your gfx card on this site and see if you can get one fo the drives on there to work.