Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Burner problem

• Please log in to reply

jwal001

jwal001

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi,
I had a few troubles with my DVD burner (internal, NEC DVD+RW ND6100A). My laptop (Dell Inspiron 510m) couldn't see the DVD drive. I looked in this forum, found the thread started by 'openairwave' and used the patch supplied by 'Doby'. The patch worked! Then i copied a movie to my hard drive and it worked fine. However, when i tried to burn the movie to DVD, the software (Sonic v.7) i'm using said there is no recorder. I tried burning some music with the same result.

When i insert a blank DVD or CD, the drive letter and description that you see in explorer changes from DVD/CD-RW Drive (D:) to CD Drive (D:).

Tried uninstalling the DVD drive and letting windows reinstall but no joy.

Also i've been trying different DVD burning software so i'm pretty sure this has something to do with this problem...haven't tried a system restore as i was hoping someone can help....
thanks in advance
J.

Advertisements

Perklunk

Perklunk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Did anyone ever solve this problem? I have the exact same problem, unable to get my DVD player to write (always shows up as a CD player once I put a blank DVD in.) I'm using the proper media...