Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After printer paper jam it wont print

• Please log in to reply

baddabing

baddabing

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

after a paper jame i re start my document priniting but nothing happens it just sits there in a queue. it will only start if i restrt windows but i obviously would prefer a slightly more quicker way of solving this.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
What kind of printer connection??What is causing Paper Jams?? How many times does this happen? How old is printer? May just need cleaning?

Did you try - reseting printer - by turning [OFF] & [ON] after Jam? Probably be the same as restarting windows - unless printer loses the "software connection"- Check Printers folder to see if printer is still set as default.

Or go to Printer Folder & Open Printer & Cancel document -

Or use Device Manager to see if Printer has YELLOW WARNING sign.

Do you have a cancel button on printer? What does your manual say? If you do not have a manual - browse Installation CD for Manual pdf file

Some printers put themself [OFF LINE] when having internal problem . a simple button pressing after removing JAM.

The root cause: What is causing paper jams - would be the real fix -

Jack123