Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fixed one problem...created another

• Please log in to reply

ohhbob

ohhbob

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Help! I took my IBM T21 Thinkpad apart to replace the display ribbon cable and afterwards noticed the I was on battery power even though I was plugged into AC power. It also seems the battery wasn't being charged. The adapter checks at 18V, and everything was working fine before I took the unit apart.
I took the battery out and restarted while only on the adapter, and got a Error 0190: Critical low battery error. I'm thinking I jostled some connection, or reassembled some spring clip wrong and created a short someplace.
Can anyone out ther help me???

:tazz:

Ohhbob

Edited by ohhbob, 03 August 2005 - 04:42 PM.

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Well?

What else can you do but take it back apart and find what you messed up ;)

Welcome to the world of "[bleep] I screwed something up when I took it apart"

"Why do I have all these extra screws?" :tazz:

ohhbob

ohhbob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well...
Of course I tried to go back in and see if I screwed something up. Needless to say, I couldn't find anything obvious so I thought I'd try fishing for some expert advise. Is there something that would most likely cause this? Is there a most probable cause? Where would be the first place to look?

Still :tazz:

Ohhbob

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try and follow the power connections to the battery see if you can spot a break, use a multimeter to test connections.