Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any Tweaks For Windows 98

• Please log in to reply

RmG.EeP

RmG.EeP

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok i am on my aunts computer her internet sucks same with her computer she has a horrible video card an AMD k-6 never even heard of that and 256 mb
and 32 bit

one of the reason the internet is slow is because it uses netzero any tweaks to at least speed up the net or computer a little bit at least i know many of you dont own a 98 anymore i bet most ppl have a xp but if u have any or find any can you please post them here

thanx

Advertisements

RmG.EeP

RmG.EeP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone have any please it is an emergency!!!!!!!!!!

jason_m

jason_m

• Pip
  • 5 posts

ok i am on my aunts computer her internet sucks same with her computer she has a horrible video card an AMD k-6 never even heard of that and 256 mb
and 32 bit

one of the reason the internet is slow is because it uses netzero any tweaks to at least speed up the net or computer a little bit at least i know many of you dont own a 98 anymore i bet most ppl have a xp but if u have any or find any can you please post them here
thanx

View Post

I think were talking dial up, we're not talking a whole lot of download speed to begin with. How slow is the download speed? The K6 cpu shouldn't be a problem with download speed as they are not horribly slow cpu's. Is it a K6 or a K62, and what mhz?

These computers are usually bad for 3D gaming as they usually came with a built-in video chip, and used the system RAM as video memory. An K62, with the built in video chip at best they can do 3D games up to about the year 2000 at most. But for the normal Windows 98 GUI, it shouldn't be slow. It'll be fine as long as you don't run 3D games.