Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External USB Drive Space Problem

• Please log in to reply

kateharris

kateharris

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My Mum has a Samsung MightyDrive 128MB USB pen drive. We have connected it to her laptop. It seems to be installed and recognised by Windows XP Professional. Clicking on the properties of the drive in Windows Explorer shows 122MB as the full capacity. However the only file that is visible on the pen drive is UDPV233.exe. When you run this program you are prompted to enter a password. This works fine and says that the drive is now accessible. However looking at the drive properties now only shows a full capacity of 476KB!!! We can barely copy anything over to the pendrive as we get a Disc Full error as soon as we copy over 476KB. Can anyone help us please!!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Reformat the drive.

kateharris

kateharris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
That seems to have worked! Although it has got rid of the weird password .exe program. It seems fine though.

Many thanks

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No bother.

ArturBoruc

ArturBoruc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry to drag up an old post, but I'm having the same problems.

It's a 2gb Samsung Mighty Drive, but it's only showing as 1.43gb.

I had the updv233 utility on there when I bought it, but I deleted it accidentally.

I've reformatted the drive, but it's still showing as 1.43gb. I have re-downloaded the updv233.exe utility, but when I try to run it I'm getting an error message that says "Please insert the device or please run this utility as privileged user"

I am the administrator on my pc.

Anyone any ideas?