Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do I Clear My BIOS/CMOS on Labtop Computer

• Please log in to reply

Sweetlee

Sweetlee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I want clear BIOS, or CMOS password and information. How do I accomplish this task?

Sony laptop. Can give the solution to both circumstances, you mentioned. Clear the bios and password.

Edited by Sweetlee, 05 August 2005 - 11:08 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

Is it the actual bios you want to clear? If you're just trying to clear a power-on password, then I can't help you. If it is the bios you're trying to clear, I need to know what laptop you have.

MoonGoddessLee

MoonGoddessLee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Samm,

I have a Sony Viao PCG-FX120 and I do need to clear the bios in it. I tried to update them and now it just will not crank up at all. I can get a partial start but it freaks on the bios. I have been searching the net for 6 months trying to fix this bad boy and have found no way... Can you tell me how to clear the bios?

Thanks!
Lee :whistling: