Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stucked or Blank Screen

• Please log in to reply

engr_malik

engr_malik

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Dear All,

I have posted this question befor as well but replies didn't work and now I am posting the questions with details. So if someone of you is able, please help men.

Details of the system :

Main Board K7SOM+

Processor AMD Duron 2G Hz

Chipset Sis740 Northbride and SiS962 Southebirde

Embeded 256-bit 3D AGP Graphics Accelerator with 64 MB frame buffer

Tow 32-bit PCI and one CNR Slot

Problem:

1) Sometimes, it stucks just before arrival of Windows Desktop and remains there for ever

2) Sometimes screen goes blank after appearance of Windows Desktop

3) Sometimes screen remains blank after restarting

4) system doesn't run even in Windows XP safe mode

There is no problem with monitor , I have checked it on another system. I can't use my system any more because any of the above 4 problems occurs when I start my PC. Someone suggested me to remove all external peripherals and than start again . I did but it didn't work. Personally I think that there may be some problem with graphic card. Please suggest me some solution.

Regards,

Malik

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

Can you tell me the following information please:

Go into the bios (press the DEL key repeatedly 2 seconds after powering the system on) then :

1) Go to the section called 'CPU PnP Setup' and tell me what the CPU speed & CPU frequency are set to.

2) Next go into the section called 'Hardware monitor Page' and give me every reading in there please