Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer turns off as soon as it loads up

• Please log in to reply

humid

humid

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer loads windows & just at the point it should be ready, it turns off.
I have run "msconfig" & narrowed it to services on 'selective start up'. I have isolated about 10 items at a time & the computer starts up OK. I did this with everything in the services & it started up OK, but when all are on at once it turns off again. Any help other than re install windows.

Advertisements

Deb78

Deb78

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Have you installed any new hardware or drivers? I had the same thing happend and it turned out that the driver for my network card was not working properly. Installed a different driver and it was fixed.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Can you look in your event logs (Admin Tools) for an error message? Do you get a blue screen with an error before it shuts off? In Control Panel>System>Advanced>Start Up & Recovery Settings how are things set? How did you get to msconfig without getting into Windows? I am assuming safe mode is okay?

Johanna

humid

humid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No there is no Blue screen with an error message. Yes I can open it in safe mode. I hadn't installed any new items before the problem started. The first I knew something was wrong was when it started loading it went to a blue check out screen & did a test then said Windows would restart automatically, it diddn't so after about 15 minutes I turned it off & started it again, then the problem of it starting over & over began.

Looking in the 'log' it says a number of times over the last 6 months "userenv" then the last thing says "msiInstaller"......

Failed to connect to server.Error Ex8007043C

Event ID 1015

Is this any help?

Edited by humid, 05 August 2005 - 12:05 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Go into Services and make sure that COM+ Event System and COM+ System Application are enabled. Go into device manager and see if any of your hardware ( specifically your video card) are showing errors.

Johanna

humid

humid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Go into Services and make sure that COM+ Event System and COM+ System Application are enabled.  Go into device manager and see if any of your hardware ( specifically your video card) are showing errors.

Johanna

View Post

Both are turned on. No problems shown in Device Manager, Hardware.