Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My CABLE internet is RUNNING really slow...

• Please log in to reply

snipengnome

snipengnome

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I dont know what it is.... I am an online gamer and my ping is like spiking to 24000 when its usually arround 50. Can you help me with this?

I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALMOST 24 HOURS FOR HELP.

Edited by snipengnome, 05 August 2005 - 10:03 AM.

Advertisements

snipengnome

snipengnome

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
also loading web pages takes almost forever sometimes and its really confusing. so please SOMEBODY REPLY.

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Hello snipengnome!

First off, please keep in mind that the tech pros on this board are volunteers who also have real lives. Posting stuff like "I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALMOST 24 HOURS FOR HELP.", especially in CAPS (considered in the Internet to be shouting), will not speed things up. Most likely the opposite will happen. Just some friendly advice....

There could be a slew of issues that are slowing your connection down, but verifying your machine is free of malware and virii is a great starting point.

Please read this post and the instructions contained within and go from there.
http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

ttysoon, SD

snipengnome

snipengnome

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
THANKS. But it gets frustrating waiting so long and having no anwser.

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I'm sure it is, and if this were a "pay for support" type site, I'd prolly be ansty too, but it's not...

Also remember while waiting, Google is your friend!

cya, SD

snipengnome

snipengnome

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
also... i have ran numerous virus scanners which give me many differnt numbers but dont remove anything unless you buy it. And Norton says it finds things and "cant" delete them.

snipengnome

snipengnome

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok now what?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread

Murray