Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I lost my DVD/RW Drive

• Please log in to reply

dumbgirl

dumbgirl

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi here
I just joined this forum. I figured I need to join a forum cuz i've been doing a lot of computer work that I haven't done before. Anyways, today, I installed an external freecom cd/rw drive on my new laptop because I couldn't read from a CD (which I still never read) that I was working on on my old laptop. I was using this external CDRW drive on the old lappy and I burned that CD on it so I thot, i'd install it on my new lappy just to read it and then uninstall it and it would be fine. Now, I've restarted my lappy a few times and still don't have a DVD-RW drive. Anyone know what I can do?! I need help! I'm getting frustrated!

Thanx!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > manage > device manager and look for any yellow ? or red x

Edited by dsenette, 05 August 2005 - 03:12 PM.

dumbgirl

dumbgirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, thanx for d reply. Em, I got as far as device manager and I got the yellow ? That was the help button right? Well it told me what to do but I was supposed 2 sselect a device but there was no DVD/RW drive on the list at all. I went on the fujitsu site and I couldn't get help either. Anybody any idea. I have lots to work on! Thanx!!

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
U will need to re-install ur DVD/RW drive's drivers again.

dumbgirl

dumbgirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Tried everything and got pissed off, then turned it off and went to bed. Turned it back on this morning and it's all there! Yay! Thanx y'all!