Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SLOW COMPUTER / SLOWER OWNER

• Please log in to reply

CLUELESS_PC

CLUELESS_PC

• Pip
  • 3 posts
MY COMPUTER IS PROCESSING 52 PROCESSES... THINK IT SHOULD ONLY DOING 15 ? CAN ANYONE HELP ME.....? THINK I NEED TO RECONFIGER MY WINDOWS XP.. NOT SURE HOW IT WORKS? :tazz:

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Can u post a HJT log.

CLUELESS_PC

CLUELESS_PC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
SORRY DARTH_ASH I DONT KNOW WHAT HJT LOG IS... IM LOST WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTERS.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
HJT = Highjackthis.......

Up the top of the page, there is this:

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here.

Where it says Start Here. click it and look for Hijackthis. Download it and when you go to run it click on scan and save I think that it is.

That Im sure is what darth_ash ment

Cranky

Cranky

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Download-Hijack This from darth_ash link.
and follow these intrructions.

Save HijackThis in its own folder (i.e. C:\HJT). DO NOT run it from within a zip manager (Winzip), as no backups will be saved.

You do not have to change any settings at this point.
Notice the empty section in the middle. This is where the scan results will be listed later.
Examine the two sets of buttons. To start the scan, Click the Scan button on the left.
The Scan Button has a new Caption. Save Log. Click the Save Log button to create a file named Hijackthis.log. A dialog box will pop up. Use it to select the location where you will save the log. Close the program.
Return to the Forum and reply to your original post. Open the Log in Notepad. Highlight the entire contents. Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. Wait for help. :tazz:

Edited by Cranky, 07 August 2005 - 04:18 PM.

CLUELESS_PC

CLUELESS_PC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
THANKS GUYS I DOWNLOADED HJT AND IT DID FREE UP SPACE... THANKS AGAIN.. :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Cool i hope you get the problem with your comptuer fixed.