1. I Bought all the stuff at the end of this post Here
2. I put it all together and it worked great, I decided to overclock it and it turned out 2,520MHz Pross, 252MHz FSB, 212MHz Ram at 2 2 2 5 1 timings, 417MHz core 1,154MHz Memory on the Graphics card. It was Very Stable. It got 5851 GFX and 5780 CPU on 3Dmark 2005.
3. I decided I wanted to update the BIOS to see if i could get more voltage for the memory (its very high voltage RAM 3.3-3.4v) I Installed MSI live Update 3 it told me to restart the computer. It shutdown and Started to boot. When it got to the screen where the windows XP flag should be (Black Screen Flag in the middle you know the one) there was no flag it was a black screen and nothing happened. It was stuck there wouldn't go into safe mode (wouldnt gave me the option even when I hit F8) It wouldnt do anything so i reset the BIOS to defualt. Nothing. I figure worse case and do a clean install of windows.
4. So windows is up and running again with a nice clean install. So i load the Nvida drivers for the Mobo. NP. I do the one touch setup for the Marvell Lan and ALC850 Audio. It gets done and tells me it needs to restart. so i let it. I hear the Turn Off Music. Its really choppy i figure its becuase the drivers where just installed and it would be fine on boot up. Wrong it boots up the sound is still choppy and the mouse is choppy. I figure its the sound drivers. I disable them. Didnt work. I disable the whole card in BIOS. Nothing. I figure i got a virus in the short time the internet was on virus scanner. so i do another fresh install. everything is working great again. I do one touch setup. Choppy sound and mouse. Oh ya cpu usage was upto like 60%. So i figure if its not the sound and its not a virus then its the marvell lan driver. I disable it and Viola Computer runs fine again.
5. So I'm alittle weirded out by the Lan driver thing but i let it go i dont use that one anyway. i go back to installing all the drivers and such. I install MSI Live 3 again and it works this time. i get BIOS v1.5. I think hurray. Wrong. Now the problem i am having is one i cant overclock past 225FSB, and two if i over clock at all it reads the 10X multiplier as 5X and makes my 2010MHz Pross into a 1005MHz.
Right now I am running Optimized Defualts. FSB 200, 5xHTT 10Xmultiplier 2010MHz Pross.
My Question is do these BIOS Just suck? Or the first time i tried to install MSI Live Update did my motherboard somehow fry in the Reboot Prosscess?
This is really depressing me i can't jsut go out and buy a new MoBo. i spent all my extra cash on the whole PC. So I am stuck with fixing it. anyone have any ideas at all?
Thanks in advance.