Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

this driver problem is DRIVING ME INSANE

• Please log in to reply

tylerhollyfield

tylerhollyfield

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok im having a problem installing drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce2 DDR video card. I've installed the drivers many times before with no problem. I've also reformatted my computer many times, and downloaded the drivers after doing so with no problem.

But recently i've just reformatted my computer and am now trying to download the same drivers, from the same site, like ive done before. But it's saying "NVIDIA setup program can not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I've never got this message before when trying to install drivers. I've researched other forums with people with this same problem, but i seem to not get the results i need to fix my problem.

I've tried downloading older versions on the drivers from the archive section of the nVidia website, and still have the same problem.

is there any way i can get around this stupid auto instalation wizard that cant find anything?

please help! I must install these drivers to be able to play a online game.

thank you, i would appreciate it very much!

-tyler

Advertisements

tylerhollyfield

tylerhollyfield

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
can anyone help?

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Download and Insatall Everset Home.
Open it, Click on the Report Button.
Paste a Hardware-Related Text report in ur next post.

tylerhollyfield

tylerhollyfield

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok, ive downloaded EVEREST home edition, and got a report. i attatched the txt file to this post. because i was affraid the paste would be too large and cover up this whole thread.

i know it takes time, and effort to help me fix my problem, so therefor im willing to pay, through paypal if the problem gets fixed! at this point im very desperate.

Attached Files

trodas

trodas

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Using older drivers for older cards (GF2Ti is definitively a older card) is logical and best way - since my 6800 OC from BFG is faulty I using now FX5600XT crap and with old drivers, Detonators 45.28 it give me 30fps more on Q3 timedemo that with the latest Detonator drivers - no idea why, but it does.

So, don't rush to new drivers, because they might not even support your card very well (nobody testing drivers in nVidia on alything bellow 6800 right now, I bet) and it potentionaly could make you a HUGE problems.

I would stick to around 45.x ones, probably lower. I love the developer version of mine 45.28 because they are the only one detonator drivers ever in what actually WORKING the disable nVidia fog in games, to get nice, vivid colors and beautifull display... and also great long visibility. Someone might even consider this as cheating, but the drivers are buggy, objects (enemies) are still shaded, so... ;)

Anyway, witch ones you tried?

And do you COMPLETELY removed the first failed attempt to install the drivers? Because you you manually did NOT destroy them completely, then each time you try again, you trying the latest ones, so - each time you fail.

Next will be logically Detonator destroyer and if not, then reinstall win once more and never this time ever try the latest Detonators :tazz:

Hope that helps.

tylerhollyfield

tylerhollyfield

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
so, i should go back into the archives and download older driver?

i only picked one older one on the archives page...at random, i just scrolled half way down the page and found a winxp GeForce driver. dont know what version, ive already deleted it. thats probably my problem, ill go back and find older version!

and come back here and tell you if it works.

tylerhollyfield

tylerhollyfield

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
WAAAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can now use openGL for my game, with awesome graphics!!!!!!!!!!

after downloading a old, 45.x version driver, and restarting my system, it works!!!!!!!!! it recognized my card and installed the driver!

Thank you Trodas! even though it was pretty much common sense, i never even thought about it!

Thanks again!

-tyler

trodas

trodas

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Noproblemo, mate, you are wellcome.

Yes, one should think that when the driver setup on nVidia page says GeForce - it mean ALL GeForce chips. Possibly yep, but in reality, no-one is testing these new frivers on older graphic cards, so they sometimes does not work.
As simple, as that.
I know that, because on my folder machines I use GF2 MX 400 cards (they aren't used, I acces the machines (if ever) trough ethernet network/terminal) and I know - for example - you need relatively recent drives for XP SP2 crap.
Yet the older ones show way better performance.

Glad I see your problem solved :tazz: