Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet history

• Please log in to reply

Frank101

Frank101

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I don't like my credit card number being filled out on some sites already when i start typing in the little text box prompt for info and it has a drop down menu where credit card numbers are and other valuable info is.

I have deleted all cookie and internet temp files, and cahce. i am running Firefox 1.0.6 i dont think that it is very sacure to have my valuable info stored on my computer where hackers or malware(or whoever) can have easy access to it.

It's similar to when i go to google's home page and start the first few letters of a word or phrase and a list of previously entered searches appear.

what should i do?

Advertisements

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Go to Tools, Options, Privacy, and Clear out your Saved Form Information. To prevent entries from being auto-saved in the future, press the little '+' sign next to Saved Form Information, then uncheck the box next to 'Save information I enter in web page forms and the Search Bar'.