Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Installer Message For No Reason

• Please log in to reply

supernoober

supernoober

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi,
I often get this windows installer message even when I am not installing anything. It just says "preparing to install", then goes away. It occurs most when I have just started up the computer and try to load an application or program before giving the computer a minute to load. It is very annoying and I want to get rid of it.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
When Windows Installer pops up, can tell what it is trying to install, should be on the title bar.
Can u name the appications for which the Windows Installer pops up.

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I am not installing anything so there is no name. Also, it happens for a whole bunch of applications, not just a certain one, and all of them don't need anything installed. I think it has something to do with loading. I think examples are nero, my computer, sbc dsl; basically anything that might be slow when the computer has just started.

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I found the cause of the message. I went to start>allprograms>startup and found hpoddt01.exe; when i clicked on it, the message showed up, then disappeared like nothing. Should I delete it?

EDIT: i deleted it and now its gone.

Edited by supernoober, 20 August 2005 - 02:55 PM.